A landmark day for us on the 29th June as the Rathmell cabinet came live.
And Chris Conder and Jorj Haston from B4RN were in the area so we fitted and connected routers in 15 properties along Route 1; of those 9 went LIVE on the B4RN network.
We have work planned during next week that will enable us to bring more properties on Route 1 live
Quick checklist for being ready to go live:
- We have got ducting to your garden wall
- Duct is laid through your garden to the house wall
- House kit is installed (internal & external box and white duct through the wall)
- Complete a voucher / service request on the Get B4RN form (enter your postcode at https://b4rn.org.uk/postcode-checker/ and it will direct you to the right form for your postcode)
- You have had fibre blown to the property
- Fill out a B4RN Contract form before the B4RN installers arrive (https://b4rn.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Contract-Pack.pdf – contact me for a copy if you can’t print your own)
we’ve done 1 and you’ve done 2, 3 and 4 but haven’t had fibre blown
please get in touch so we can arrange with the fibre blowers to get you
done.n.b. you can still do 2, 3 and 4 in advance of us
doing 1 as long as you know where we are expecting to bring your
property connection to
If you have had 5 done too we will be in touch to arrange a visit to get you on line (if you aren’t delaying service by more than a couple of months due to an existing contract).
If you are on Route 1 and haven’t done 2, 3 and 4 yet then it’s really time to get some plans in place to move things forward. If you need help / advice you can fill in our form to request help.
For those of you who are now live or about to go live there are a number of useful links on the B4RN website (https://b4rn.org.uk/resources/) on all things from Voice-over-IP (VOIP) phone package providers (e.g. Vonage / SIPGate) to Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS) that can keep your router running in the event of a power cut.
B4RN also do a weekly computer club (Fridays 2pm-4pm) at their Melling office to which all are welcome (especially if you bring cake!) where you can get advice on getting Wifi signal around your property, VOIP phones and they can potentially (depending on make/model) also re-programme your existing Broadband router (when you are live on B4RN) in order for it to become a Wifi repeater somewhere else in your property.